Translate

Saturday 1 July 2017

NTR

What is NTR I hear you ask? Well back in my army days, filling in logs while on shift, we had to write something at least every fifteen minutes. Of course if nothing had happened we had ‘Nothing To Report’, hence NTR. In our case, for February and March, it should probably read ‘Not A Lot Really Happened’! It was a very quiet time, the calm before the storm of my son’s visit. As usual I saw a few more of my friends. I have started giving them names so here are Blondie, Blackie and Grandma.


And here we have, Wang Wang, Wang Wang and Wang Wang. Needless to say they were not named by me. One of the Wang Wangs later had pups. I bet you can’t guess what they were called? Yes, you are absolutely right. They were all called Wang Wang too!


Wildlife came to the fore again. At least we thought it did. Have a look at this rather large spider. It was only after it was still there after many days, seemingly in the same spot, we realised it had probably shuffled off this mortal coil!


Don’t you all just love Valentine’s Day? It’s not something we bother too much with anymore but I did make sure that my beloved woke up to a nice surprise!


Food this month was my birthday treat. Just for a change, we didn’t do anything special at all, just went to the local buffet style restaurants. Here’s what we had. Can you guess which was mine? Yep, the one with no rice. I have been desperately trying for the last two or three years to lose weight, and cutting out carbs in the evening has been one of the choices. It does seem to be working.



And that was it for February, not even any walkies. Ah well, life goes on.

March came along and brought with it a few more jaunts locally. Have a look at these next two pictures, it looks lovely doesn’t it. It is lovely too, but not when you are trying to walk down the stream on your way home. I was still wearing sandals and climbing over rocks, even wading at times.



Wildlife this month included one many legged whatever it was -


 and one which could be a cricket?


Finally, on the third of March, there was a show in the town square. Never having been to one yet, and having heard the noise from our bedroom during previous shows, we thought we would give it a try. Eight o’clock was the start time, so we were there nice and early, and this is what we found.


We did manage to fight our way to the front of the crowd you can see in the picture only to find the square fenced off and the policemen on the gate refusing to let anyone else in due to overcrowding. From what I could see it was more crowded outside than it was inside! We decided to go for a different vantage point higher up the street.


Lo and behold, that was no better. What we can’t understand is where all the people came from. Wuzhishan is supposed to have a population of between 140 and 150 thousand but we’ve never seen crowds like this before. It’s fairly safe to say that we hardly ever see crowds at all! I guess they were all out that night.

And that’s it. I told you February and March didn’t have a lot to report on. April could be different though but it will take me a while to sort out which photographs to use, there are many, from both my son’s and my camera. Till then, bieeee!

No comments:

Post a Comment